We continue our chat with Sandra Gutierrez. We talk money, and the re-release of her book, Latin American Street Foods!
Sandra is an expert on Latin American cuisine, a journalist, and a food historian. Her work has been widely published in magazines and in newspapers across the country. Links below to her PBS show, The New Southern Latino Table, and to the Huffington Post article mentioned in the episode.
Her book, The New Southern-Latino Table: Recipes that Bring Together the Bold and Beloved Flavors of Latin America & The American South, is credited with discovering a new culinary movement and her a new culinary movement and is on exhibit at The Smithsonian Museum in Washington DC.
Sandra shares her recipe for Peach Pico de Gallo with us. Fantastic on seafood, pork or chicken!
Peach Pico de Gallo
1½ cups peeled, pitted and chopped peaches (not too ripe)
½ cup plum tomatoes, seeded, deveined and chopped
¼ cup minced red onion
¼ cup minced cilantro
1 tablespoon minced jalapenos (seeded, if less heat is desired)
Juice of one lime (or to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and lime juice and stir well; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
©Copyright Sandra A. Gutierrez 2022; All Rights Reserved.
Huffington Post article: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sandra-gutierrez_l_612e6807e4b04778bffd7771
Women Beyond a Certain Age is an award-winning weekly podcast with Denise Vivaldo. She brings her own lively, humorous, and experienced viewpoint to the topics she discusses with her guests. The podcast covers wide-ranging subjects of importance to older women.
- Website: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenBeyond/
- Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WomenBeyond/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/womenbeyondacertainage/
- Episode archive: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Email us: WomenBeyond@icloud.com
- Denise Vivaldo is the host of WBACA. Her info lives here: https://denisevivaldogroup.com/
- More of Denise’s info is here: https://denisevivaldo.com
- Cindie Flannigan is the producer WBACA. Her info lives here: https://linktr.ee/cindieflannigan
- Denise and Cindie’s books: https://www.amazon.com/Denise-Vivaldo/e/B001K8QNRA%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share