Linda Civitello, author of the award-winning book Cuisine and Culture: A History of Food and People, is with us this week to talk about how history, food and culture shape our diet. Linda developed the curriculum and taught history of food at culinary schools in southern California, and speaks frequently on a wide range of food history topics. Her book is used to teach food history in culinary schools. Linda has spoken at Harvard University, appeared on television on Bizarre Foods and on the BBC.
Linda Civitello is the author of another award-winning book, Baking Powder Wars: The Cutthroat Food Fight That Revolutionized Cooking. She also cooks professionally, making historic recipes using heirloom flour, and Italian pastries and gelati for a select clientele. She is currently writing an article on food and racism, and a book on Food and Film from Prohibition to James Bond. Linda has a B.A. from Vassar and a Ph.D. from UCLA.
- Buy Cuisine and Culture: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0470403713
- Buy Baking Powder Wars: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0252082591
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/linda.civitello
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/linda-civitello-b00a3722/
Women Beyond a Certain Age is an award-winning weekly podcast with Denise Vivaldo. She brings her own lively, humorous, and experienced viewpoint to the topics she discusses with her guests. The podcast covers wide-ranging subjects of importance to older women.
- Website: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenBeyond/
- Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WomenBeyond/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/womenbeyondacertainage/
- Episode archive: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Email us: WomenBeyond@icloud.com
- Denise Vivaldo is the host of WBACA. Her info lives here: https://denisevivaldogroup.com/
- More of Denise’s info is here: https://denisevivaldo.com
- Cindie Flannigan is the producer WBACA. Her info lives here: https://linktr.ee/cindieflannigan
- Denise and Cindie’s books: https://www.amazon.com/Denise-Vivaldo/e/B001K8QNRA%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.