Kathy Hester gives us tips for improving our videos. Whether it’s taped or Facebook Live, her advice will keep you company on your path to video success! Kathy is a cookbook author, teacher and coach extraordinaire!
Kathy’s Top 10 Tips for the Shy and Reluctant
- Let go of being perfect. If it can happen, it will happen. Remember, you have guests, and they are on your side!
- Make a private FB group to practice in.
- Ask a friend to help you with camera placement and lightening (in your private fb group).
- Progress NOT perfection.
- Look through the camera not to the camera.
- You are inviting people into your home so act like it! Make them comfortable.
- You don’t have to start with the hardest thing for you to teach. People want to know how to do simple things.
- Start with Facebook lives in your private group or page because they are a warm audience.
- Embrace your mistakes and use them as teaching tools.
- Practice and then practice some more. Try going live every day for 7 days and get a lot of the mistakes out of the way faster!
Keep up with Kathy and get info on her classes on her website and on private coaching. Learn to promote yourself! Buy any or all of Kathy’s 10 books on Amazon. Read her blogs, Plant-Based Instapot and Healthy Slow Cooking and follow her on Facebook.
Women Beyond a Certain Age is an award-winning weekly podcast with Denise Vivaldo. She brings her own lively, humorous, and experienced viewpoint to the topics she discusses with her guests. The podcast covers wide-ranging subjects of importance to older women.